Turkey Laid Eggs Early

hutchja123

Hatching
Aug 10, 2021
We have turkeys that we got at the beginning of March and I just found 2 eggs out there. We got them for meat but there are 3 males and 2 females and they have definitely been mating from time to time.
I thought it was way early for eggs so I'm thinking they may be fertile? Is there a way to tell already or what do I do? We have never had turkeys before (only chickens) and only ever had hens so I'm new at this part.

We have turkeys that we got at the beginning of March and I just found 2 eggs out there. We got them for meat but there are 3 males and 2 females and they have definitely been mating from time to time.
I thought it was way early for eggs so I'm thinking they may be fertile? Is there a way to tell already or what do I do? We have never had turkeys before (only chickens) and only ever had hens so I'm new at this part.
If you want chicks, wait for them to lay regularly and incubate. If you don't want chicks, just collect daily and don't let them get hot

You eat the eggs unless you want to try and hatch them.

With 3 males and 2 females it is unlikely the eggs are fertile. For the sake of your hens, separate them from the toms before they get seriously injured. The injuries will occur when a tom tries to breed a hen and another tom knocks him off of her back. The tom being knocked off can scramble trying to maintain his position on the hen's back and rip her wide open with his toenails.

Last edited:
Look for a bullseye
Screenshot_20210204-062450.png

Back
Top Bottom