Turkey laying season

I have a turkey dropping eggs all over there pen Any ideas on what to do?

Is it just one hen.

Give them a different type of nest box

placer eggs in a nest or only she can see them maybe she will start to lay where you want them

Is there other hens in the nest box when she wants to lay and can't get in. So she lays where she can.

I can't figure out how to create my own forum.....but, I was wondering if it is normal for a turkey to start nesting now? I have two turkeys, a hen, and a tom. The hen for the last couple of weeks has been disappearing into the woods. Each day she is gone longer and longer....this last time she was gone for like 50 hours. I think she is nesting except she isn't even a year old and I have never seen them mating. Any ideas of where she is going?

I'm not sure if she would be nesting this time of year, but maybe she is. To start a new thread you go to the section you want the thread in and click "start a new thread". If you are using a computer it should be right above the "sticky threads".
smile.png

Thank you. Im on my phone. I see where it says new threads, but it just takes me to other forums. I am trying to watch her to see where she is going

Was just in town where there was wifi so I figured out how to create a new thread on an ipod/iphone. Go to forums, click on the section you want the thread in, then click on the little box (with the curved arrow) in the top right corner and then click "start a new thread". I'm not always good at explaining things like this but I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have a hen who is laying under my porch on wet leaves and laid 4 eggs yesterday. She laid another one today. What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom