Turkey order in/around Sacto?

chickenwhisperer

Songster
12 Years
May 29, 2007
Chicken Country, U S A
Would anybody be interested?

I want to get some heritage turkeys for pets.

Im still deciding whether I want fancy turkeys like blue-slate or royal-palm, or do I want some rio grande wild turkeys?

I dont wanna order eggs, I wanna order poults, the time is nearing.

However, I do not need any more chickens or even the various minimums on turkeys.
I dont even know which hatchery yet . . .

Any of you Sacramento chickeners wanna get some turkeys?

Quote:
Hey, I'd do it but I would have to find a good divorce lawyer at the same time! Good luck with them. Make sure you read up on raising turkeys with chickens. I want to see pictures too!

Not looking for turkeys myself, but if you check Craigslist, I have seen them on there for sale fairly often. They are usually adults though, so it may be harder to find young ones there. If you are familiar with Auburn at all (about 30 miles North of Sacramento) the feed store called Echo Valley will order you wahtever kind of turkeys you would like and get them to you pretty quick (depending on the season- if any hatcheries are producing) Their prices are good and the 2 turkyes I got from them last year were healthy and grew big and beautiful!

Hope this helped and good luck!

They sure will! The people in there are pretty cool! The person in charge of chicks and fowl is named Brooke. Try to talk to her about it. I do believe there is a particular season they order turkeys during, but they did order them special for me,(not because I'm special or anything, just because they didnt have any in stock that day!
wink.png
) only ordered 2, and they called me right away to come pick them up when they arrived. The price was decent too. Their phone # is 530-823-1482. I have some Jersey Black Giants on order with them, expecting them in on the 24th of this month- SO EXCITED!! Good luck and I'm sure Brooke can help you out!!

You practically live in Auburn.... um.... Howdy neighbor!!!! I am right next door to you.... We have probably bumped into each other at Echo Valley LOL

My friend here in Ophir just ordered her Turkeys and she is trying to find someone to take some of them, cuz she doesn't want all she ordered. I have no idea what kind they are though. They aren't coming till April, it was the earliest she could get. Let me know if you are interested!

Howdy!! Small world huh!!

Aaahhhhggghhh!!! Youre killin me here!!
he.gif
I would really love to have a few, and I know I shouldnt ask, but what kind are they? I would only want them as pets, I mean, i cant have any more turkyes,
barnie.gif
!! LOL If I had a place to keep a few baby turkeys i would definately say yes, but right now, and until May3rd, i just have no room due to chicks of the chicken variety ! Thanks a ton for the offer! And I may come crawling back soon to see if there are any left........
frow.gif

ps, You would remember me if ya saw me in EV, I'm the constantly frazzled blonde lady who usually has 2 or 3 young, red headed boys in tow, who cant stay out of the chick room!!!
gig.gif

I know she wouldn't mind hanging on to them until you are ready for them. The next time I see her, I will ask her what kind she is getting. I work tomorrow night and I think she does too so I will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom