Turkey Pictures

Sigh... Nice shots - particularly the peafowl. Some neighbors - down a tree bowered unpaved lane keeps them (though the predator "outreach" has found many). We also have lots of Wild Easterns in the area. Was driving past their place, one day, and five WE hens went flying across the road in front of me - accompanied by a lone peahen (hoped she was just day tripping and not trying to get hunted). Just wished I'd gotten a shot of that "formation" on the wing.

Sigh... Nice shots - particularly the peafowl. Some neighbors - down a tree bowered unpaved lane keeps them (though the predator "outreach" has found many). We also have lots of Wild Easterns in the area. Was driving past their place, one day, and five WE hens went flying across the road in front of me - accompanied by a lone peahen (hoped she was just day tripping and not trying to get hunted). Just wished I'd gotten a shot of that "formation" on the wing.
What a sight that would have been! Sadly, many pea owners lose their peas when the peas decide to join flocks of wild turkeys.
sad.png

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom