turkey poop

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by maytham, Aug 22, 2014.

1. maytham

maytham Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2014
    dubai
    hey, im new to turkeys and i just want to know what healthy turkey poop looks like....here are a couple pictures....

This is the female
    [​IMG]

...and this was the male
    [​IMG]

thank you! if its urgent please tell me because im new as i said

2. Hounds51

Hounds51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2014
    Bethel PA
    In my opinion they both look normal. It looks like your hen urine, that's the white stuff on top, may be a little loose, but nothing to worry about. Just my opinion.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It looks normal to me. I wouldn't worry.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    The bottom one looks normal to me, but the top one looks a little iffy, especially if she never has a solid one.

-Kathy

5. maytham

Mar 7, 2014
    dubai
    Alright thanks! It's just that they're not eating that much. ... Or at all I can't tell which is worrying me alot. Especially in this hot weather in dubai. Any follow up would help!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    When I'm concerned about one of mine I get a baseline weight on them, then weigh them every few days. Poults should gain weight daily and adults should not lose any weight.

-Kathy

7. maytham

Mar 7, 2014
    dubai
    Thanks! I'll do that for sure. ... sounds logical

8. BOrion

BOrion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    My turkeys seem very healthy, but their poop is a runny brown. Doesn't seem normal. They are three month old rio grande. Free range supplemented with chick grower. I'm new to turkeys so your help would be appreciated. Thank you

9. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Can you post a picture of the poop?

-Kathy

10. MotherNature7

MotherNature7 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Im new at turkeys too but it seems that everybody gets a little runny in the very hot weather. Whenever it happens to my hens (chicken and turkeys) I start with a 24 hour Epsom salt water. Stress, including hot weather, brings on the runs too.. Do you think so, Kathy?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by