turkey poop

maytham

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 7, 2014
dubai
hey, im new to turkeys and i just want to know what healthy turkey poop looks like....here are a couple pictures....

This is the female

...and this was the male

thank you! if its urgent please tell me because im new as i said

hey, im new to turkeys and i just want to know what healthy turkey poop looks like....here are a couple pictures.... This is the female ...and this was the male thank you! if its urgent please tell me because im new as i said
In my opinion they both look normal. It looks like your hen urine, that's the white stuff on top, may be a little loose, but nothing to worry about. Just my opinion.

The bottom one looks normal to me, but the top one looks a little iffy, especially if she never has a solid one.

-Kathy

Alright thanks! It's just that they're not eating that much. ... Or at all I can't tell which is worrying me alot. Especially in this hot weather in dubai. Any follow up would help!

Last edited:
Alright thanks! It's just that they're not eating that much. ... Or at all I can't tell which is worrying me alot. Especially in this hot weather in dubai. Any follow up would help!
When I'm concerned about one of mine I get a baseline weight on them, then weigh them every few days. Poults should gain weight daily and adults should not lose any weight.

-Kathy

My turkeys seem very healthy, but their poop is a runny brown. Doesn't seem normal. They are three month old rio grande. Free range supplemented with chick grower. I'm new to turkeys so your help would be appreciated. Thank you

My turkeys seem very healthy, but their poop is a runny brown. Doesn't seem normal. They are three month old rio grande. Free range supplemented with chick grower. I'm new to turkeys so your help would be appreciated. Thank you

Can you post a picture of the poop?

-Kathy

Im new at turkeys too but it seems that everybody gets a little runny in the very hot weather. Whenever it happens to my hens (chicken and turkeys) I start with a 24 hour Epsom salt water. Stress, including hot weather, brings on the runs too.. Do you think so, Kathy?

Back
Top Bottom