Turkey sausage recipes?

Rosalind

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Hi folks!

Tomorrow morning we are going to have many many pounds of turkey on our hands, and I am planning to turn the turkey breast into lunch meat (turkey pastrami, smoked and roasted in various seasonings) but for the dark meat I need some sausage recipes. I have a meat grinder with various plates and a sausage stuffer for my KitchenAid, I'm looking for tried-and-true recipes that you love, that a slightly stupid person who has never done this before can pull off successfully. I have gone to Google University on this one, but as you can imagine, 99% of the recipes are for things to do with the turkey sausage after it has already been sausage-ified, not how to make the boned turkey into sausage.

I could also make up recipes as I go along. Every time I've done this in the past, it's been a real learning experience.
lol.png
But I can imagine various flavors that might be nice, and mix them up to taste by making tablespoon-sized batches before mixing larger batches. Maple-cheddar, apple-cranberry-walnut, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom