ShaliniW1985

Chirping
Jul 2, 2020
Earlier my broadbreasted turkey was facing off with one of my roosters through a fence. She was trilling and puffing up to intimidate him. My rooster then pecked at the fence and out of shock, she was sent backwards and she fell on her back. She started flapping and flailing and kicking. Her neck and head got folded and she fell on top of them and since she’s a heavy girl I was terrified that she would break her neck. I tried to pull her off of the ground but she kept kicking and getting herself stuck pinning her neck down. When I finally got her on her feet she keeps flapping and flailing so hard I had to restrain her so she couldn’t hurt herself. Eventually she called down but was breathing weird, and was walking weird, limping and sort of dragging one leg like she had some sort of stroke. I finally got her into her house but instead of settling down she just stood there. For like half an hour. I’m very worried and want to know if anyone else has had a similar problem and if I have anything to be worried about.

Earlier my broadbreasted turkey was facing off with one of my roosters through a fence. She was trilling and puffing up to intimidate him. My rooster then pecked at the fence and out of shock, she was sent backwards and she fell on her back. She started flapping and flailing and kicking. Her neck and head got folded and she fell on top of them and since she’s a heavy girl I was terrified that she would break her neck. I tried to pull her off of the ground but she kept kicking and getting herself stuck pinning her neck down. When I finally got her on her feet she keeps flapping and flailing so hard I had to restrain her so she couldn’t hurt herself. Eventually she called down but was breathing weird, and was walking weird, limping and sort of dragging one leg like she had some sort of stroke. I finally got her into her house but instead of settling down she just stood there. For like half an hour. I’m very worried and want to know if anyone else has had a similar problem and if I have anything to be worried about.
It is entirely possible that she injured a hip.

Back
Top Bottom