Turkey starter feed

Red Tie

Songster
11 Years
May 30, 2008
Metamora, MI
Hello all,

I just ordered 15 BB Turkey Poults. They are due the end of the month. I searched the Purina website and found a product called Show Chow Turkey Starter. To be fed for the first 8 weeks. Then shift to the finisher product. Has anyone used this product to start their turkeys? If not, what do you find works best? What do you use to finish them?

Turkeys are new to me so thank you all for you advice!

Jane

Good luck getting any. Here in central Ohio we cannot get them to ship any. Pleaded with the local Purina dealers, they went to corporate and were turned down. Even offered to meet them halfway. Seems they don't want our business.

Funny thing is, they do ship the show chow finisher and it's the best. Our birds really turn out nice after 4 or 5 weeks on it.

Just wish we could try the starter.

I use Purina Gamebird starter when they are babies, when they are older they free range and get a mix of cracked corn, rolled oats, and Purina Flock Raiser. A few weeks before we do them in, I confine them with the same feed mix, just no free range. I try to keep the growth slower to aviod the leg problems.

I use an all purpose poultry feed (usually Country Acres) and they are growing FAST. They seem to like it
lol.png

The feed store is going to try to order me some of the starter. I hope we can get it! Wonder why they can't see to ship it to OH? Thanks for the warning! It isn't cheap I do know that. Glad to know the finisher is good though. I am really looking forward to the holidays this year!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jane

Back
Top Bottom