Turkey Talk for 2014

The RP x BS crosses are so cute! 3 more in the brooder.

I know this thread is old but I am hoping some of you are still on here :)

I am wondering how loud turkeys are? I will only have the turkey until 6 months of age (aka thanksgiving)

I have chickens (all hens) and I am curious if the noise level is the same or worse.

does the noise level differ between boy/girl?

thank you!

I know this thread is old but I am hoping some of you are still on here :)
I have 2 turkeys. My chicken hens are much noisier than my turkey hen, actually I only hear her when I'm near her pen. My tom on the other hand, gobbles very loudly, very often and all year round! I don't mind it all but we have 40 acres and no full time neighbors.

I am wondering how loud turkeys are? I will only have the turkey until 6 months of age (aka thanksgiving)

I have chickens (all hens) and I am curious if the noise level is the same or worse.

thank you!

I know this thread is old but I am hoping some of you are still on here :)

I have chickens (all hens) and I am curious if the noise level is the same or worse.

thank you!

This thread isn't old and many people talk on this thread daily so it was a great place to ask questions!

If you are only keeping turkeys until roughly 6months of age noise level wont be high. Both genders peep and as they get older they will kind of trill and purr they continue to have kind of a peep sound. Males can start to gobble getting closer to 6months but wont do it near as often as an adult Tom. I find both males and females up to 6months to be roughly the same noise level.

At least this is my experience. I don't find them to be much noisier than chickens, on occasion they can be but I wouldn't stress it.

What type of turkey were you thinking to get? if its a broad breasted variety you will likely only need to raise it for 4months ish.

Oh and Welcome to the world of turkeys!

Back
Top Bottom