Turkey trouble

Softanchor

Chirping
Apr 16, 2020
I have 4 white turkeys. They are two and a half months old. They are now pecking each other on the head and leaving injuries. What can I do to get this to stop?

I have 4 white turkeys. They are two and a half months old. They are now pecking each other on the head and leaving injuries. What can I do to get this to stop?
It sounds like boredom from being kept in too small an area. Turkeys aren't like chickens and need much more "personal space" They also need something to entertain them which can be as simple as free ranging for bugs.

It sounds like boredom from being kept in too small an area. Turkeys aren't like chickens and need much more "personal space" They also need something to entertain them which can be as simple as free ranging for bugs.
Thank you for your reply. They are kept in a 10ft by 16 ft house. They get hours of outside time in the 8ft by 12ft tractor pen. I have noticed them pecking at each other during eating.

Thank you for your reply. They are kept in a 10ft by 16 ft house. They get hours of outside time in the 8ft by 12ft tractor pen. I have noticed them pecking at each other during eating.
That really isn't a lot of space. My turkeys have a 50'x100' run plus they get to spend most of the day free ranging in a 2 acre compound.

Back
Top Bottom