turkey unable to walk after stressed out

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by lil dude, Mar 16, 2016.

1. lil dude

lil dude New Egg

Mar 16, 2016
    I have a wild turkey since he was 1 day old now he is 9 monthes big beautiful male he got all crazy scared the other day while I was running the weed wacker on other side of property. he had himself all upset pacing and flying around he lost a bunch of feathers and I think whopped his head cuz he had it scuffed up he couldn't function or walk so I got him into his box which is a relaxing secure place for him he calmed down and still cant walk he falls over staggers and acts as if he had a stroke he hasn't eaten since sunday and cant walk still he arches his back and lays on his side not sure if it a balance thing or if he gave himself a broken back or what this pm he would let me feed him I feed him like a baby with a spoon and a turkey baster with water in it he is alert but still unable to function as a normal turkey any ideas he was perfectly fine prior to this thank you

2. fishwithaface

fishwithaface Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2015
    Southern Utah
    Sorry to hear, do you have updates? I'm sorry I can't be of help, but I hoped it worked out.

3. KelseyMcIntosh

KelseyMcIntosh New Egg

Apr 2, 2016
    I'm facing a similar problem, one of my young toms injured his head and now won't walk, despite my encouragement.

4. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

BYC has a very useful Learning Center [​IMG]

You should come on over to the New Members Introduction and introduce yourself to the rest of the BYC flock .

Head injuries are never good and many times take a very long time to recover from .

5. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

What has happened to your tom since you posted this ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by