turkey unable to walk after stressed out

lil dude

Hatching
Mar 16, 2016
I have a wild turkey since he was 1 day old now he is 9 monthes big beautiful male he got all crazy scared the other day while I was running the weed wacker on other side of property. he had himself all upset pacing and flying around he lost a bunch of feathers and I think whopped his head cuz he had it scuffed up he couldn't function or walk so I got him into his box which is a relaxing secure place for him he calmed down and still cant walk he falls over staggers and acts as if he had a stroke he hasn't eaten since sunday and cant walk still he arches his back and lays on his side not sure if it a balance thing or if he gave himself a broken back or what this pm he would let me feed him I feed him like a baby with a spoon and a turkey baster with water in it he is alert but still unable to function as a normal turkey any ideas he was perfectly fine prior to this thank you

I'm facing a similar problem, one of my young toms injured his head and now won't walk, despite my encouragement.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful Learning Center
caf.gif

You should come on over to the New Members Introduction and introduce yourself to the rest of the BYC flock .

Head injuries are never good and many times take a very long time to recover from .

I have a wild turkey since he was 1 day old now he is 9 monthes big beautiful male he got all crazy scared the other day while I was running the weed wacker on other side of property. he had himself all upset pacing and flying around he lost a bunch of feathers and I think whopped his head cuz he had it scuffed up he couldn't function or walk so I got him into his box which is a relaxing secure place for him he calmed down and still cant walk he falls over staggers and acts as if he had a stroke he hasn't eaten since sunday and cant walk still he arches his back and lays on his side not sure if it a balance thing or if he gave himself a broken back or what this pm he would let me feed him I feed him like a baby with a spoon and a turkey baster with water in it he is alert but still unable to function as a normal turkey any ideas he was perfectly fine prior to this thank you

What has happened to your tom since you posted this ?

Back
Top Bottom