Turkey with no snood?

NicInNC

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 23, 2008
North Carolina
I got two Royal Palm turkey poults the other day. They were the last two the seller had but one doesn’t have a snood at all. It doesn’t appear that the area has been pecked and I feel nothing. Is that common?
FF72B0D8-2624-4AD9-90B2-99751F971B2A.jpeg

You are kidding me. My husband is going to have a fit. 🤣 The guy sells peacocks too so I guess the egg accidentally made it into the incubator with the turkeys. Help! I know nothing about raising a peacock!

Basically has the same needs as the turkey poult, high protein turkey or game bird starter.
Yeah but what about when it gets bigger? I have one lonely turkey that lives in the pasture with my donkeys and even roosts on my mammoths back at night. She rides all over him throughout the day too. They’ve got a tight bond. Can a peacock live with chickens and donkeys?

I’m literally sitting here dumbfounded. I KNEW something was off about it. It doesn’t even sound the same. It makes a soft noise vs a peep. At one time I thought I wanted a peacock but decided against it because I know how loud they are. We have guineas that free range that we’ve had for almost 5 years now and I LOVE them. They never leave the pasture. We are on 10 1/2 acres but I always heard peacocks were high maintenance. I guess I should head on over to the peafowl group…..

Back
Top Bottom