Turkey With Swollen Cheeks-Please Help

pop.gif

Sorry, I got busy and haven't had time to do much! His sinuses are still swollen, so tonight I'm going to dose him again (this time under the skin) and do that for a couple of days and see if it helps. If it doesn't, I'll probably just wait the appropriate w/d time and process him. He acts totally fine though.

I hope your turkey gets better. I went thru the same thing and my poor boy. He did get worse before he got better but he made a full recovery, don't give up hope!
hugs.gif

Well, the turkey made me look like a fool! I never gave him a second injection, but he's back to normal now!
ya.gif
Thanks all for the help!

Quote:
Confuscious says "Better to be a fool than a dead turkey".
gig.gif

Glad the turkey is feeling better.
thumbsup.gif

x2! I'm sorry I missed this yesterday, that's great news!

My Turkey has had swollen cheeks for some months. It looks like the turkey has boogers on his nose that are hardened, is it save to wipe them off with a warm rag? This is my first time having turkeys, someone help?

My Turkey has had swollen cheeks for some months. It looks like the turkey has boogers on his nose that are hardened, is it save to wipe them off with a warm rag? This is my first time having turkeys, someone help?
Sorry to hear about your turkey. Yes , you can use a warm rag to clean him up. What other symptoms is he exhibiting? He may have a respiratory problem. He's been this way for months? Do you have any other animals in the same area?. How are they doing?

Back
Top Bottom