Turkey With Swollen Cheeks-Please Help

I finished cleaning him up her beak was covered in hardened boogers and some feathers. She eats normally and drinks water fine. I seperated her from my other turkeys. My turkey pen is next to some sheep and across from it is a chicken pen. My other animals are fine, most of my sheep are pregnant and are having their kids this month. None of the chickens look sick either. The other turkys haven't caught anything. Here's the picts after she's all cleaned up.

I would take syringe and pull out fluid from sinuses again and I usually put in 1/2cc of penicillin per sinus then I give the turkey 1 cc penicillin and 1/2cc of tylan 50 in breast. Then I give turkey 1 cc of tylan orally daily x5 days. That is how i get them well

on the 3rd day i injected.It looked like the cheeks got bigger.balso it seems he doesn't gobble like the other turkeys

Probably not he probably doesn't feel good. All you can do is drain sinuses again and doctor the turkey. If he isn't eating I drop a tube and fill them up with ensure. Kv Vet Supply Online To drop a tube i just put it in a chicken or Turkeys mouth and push it down their throat and feel their neck and you can feel it in their crop and know it isn't in their lungs and I give them ensure. Helps them alot if they are not eating or drinking.

Lamb Saver Tube & Syringe

Item#: 80032
Starting at:
$3.29

http://www.kvsupply.com/KVVet/searc...7F0A80B4B3789C3AA4A8816CFD6&Gift=false&GiftID=

I thought my turkey had LOST his eye-you couldn't see it behind all the infection. this thread helped me TREMENDOUSLY!! His eye was extremely swollen. I used the Tylan but I injected .30 cc directly into the swollen area of the eye with a TB needle. Within 2 days the swelling went down immensely! Now I just use about .25cc and pour over the eye itself with a needleless syringe. The infection is almost gone after 4 days and he is almost able to see again-LIFESAVER!! Thank you all!!

Back
Top Bottom