Turkeys are good business!

Scottingitup

Songster
9 Years
Nov 18, 2010
Crestview, FL
This is not an ad for here - simple a statement about how much demand for them there is!

Seriously these guys rule. I thought even I was a little crazy for putting 50 eggs in the incubator right behind the first 30 for the year. I am pretty much sold out, taking reservations for a third batch.
big_smile.png
I had to hold back the ones that I need for thanksgiving, christmas, etc.

All with ads on craigslist - next year i might incubate 100 in the first batch - I think I caught the turkey bug.

Don't get carried away. Last year I had three times more customers than poults. This year, not a single response. I might be eating a lot of turkey next winter
big_smile.png

Great to hear the Crestview Fl turkey market is flourishing. I've seen your CL ads...great looking birds. I've got 8 MWs (although I think I was slipped a couple of RPs too) and 5 slates (of questionable heritage) that I'm experimenting with out here Baker. I can see how tukeys could get addictive.

Don't get carried away. Last year I had three times more customers than poults. This year, not a single response. I might be eating a lot of turkey next winter
big_smile.png

That is indeed a fear I have. I put ads out before I start incubating large batches - hopefully that strategy continues to pay off.

Back
Top Bottom