Turkeys For 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today we made a grow out pen inside the hen run. So that the babies can have more room as they are now a month old and have plenty of feathers and are trying to fly in their brooder. We are going to add some screen around the bottom of the pen so they can't get into the hen run for them to get hurt. But so that the chickens and turkeys can get used to them! I am very excited for them they will have alot more room than they do now!

Since it is not cold they just need some shelter to sleep in and we will add some pine shavings like they have had in the brooder. It will give them a play yard and shade and shelter till I can integrate them with the other birds. There will be 24 one month old babies going in here! What do ya'll think?

My aunt had a pair, and they chased my brother and me mercilessly when we went over to her house as children. We always hopped out of the car and ran straight to the door of her house to outrun the geese and not get our behinds nipped. They were fine with adults, but I guess since we were their size they viewed us as rivals ;) are you getting goslings? Hand raised birds should be tame and not nearly as bad tempered as "Peep" and "Big Wad" were. Though I hear breeding season for geese makes them more aggressive than normal. I would love to get some geese at some point though. An ornamental breed like Sebastopols would match with my silkies :)
There is a local farmer 1 hour away from me. I have never met the birds but I have seen videos of how nice they are. Tomorrow I will go get them.

Today we made a grow out pen inside the hen run. So that the babies can have more room as they are now a month old and have plenty of feathers and are trying to fly in their brooder. We are going to add some screen around the bottom of the pen so they can't get into the hen run for them to get hurt. But so that the chickens and turkeys can get used to them! I am very excited for them they will have alot more room than they do now!

Since it is not cold they just need some shelter to sleep in and we will add some pine shavings like they have had in the brooder. It will give them a play yard and shade and shelter till I can integrate them with the other birds. There will be 24 one month old babies going in here! What do ya'll think?

I know there only a month old but dont forget to put a roost in for when there older
thumbsup.gif

IT is feeling like winter is coming already here. THe nights hare much colder. Or else I would still be hatching!!! I'm trying to be done for the year. TRying. . . . very hard . . . .

So I Kind Of Jumped right into Geese. I picked up some Grey Africans Today and I don't exactly know whats going on here. The Woman I purchased him from Insisted "Only Buy The African because the other goose is mean.I did as she Said Becasue I don't know Much about Geese. I know they Need a Deep Water Bucket And Love To munch on grass. But What Do I do in the winter?Today He didn't even eat any of the grass in my Goose Pen. What's Going On?!?! He Dranks lots of water and swam in his pool abit but most of the time... accually like 99.9% of the time he preened and stared at everything. He was penned up in a 5x7 foot pen with a Chinise goose and an Kaki Kampbell Duck, the poor thing. Now he has a quarter Acre to roam but he won't I have 12 turkeys and one hen went after him but I put them in a seperate pasture. What is going on and how Can I fix this. Are My Toms and Hens disturbing him or is he scared. He is the sweetest goose ever. No hissing or alarm honks only little honks and he doesent like to be followed. Please someone help. I just started Geese and I don't want to have a bad first experiance. Oh and My turkey hens poult hatched. she sat on one egg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom