Turkeys For 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for Dacor appliances, my favorite temp for nearly everything is 400 on pure convection. This Sears the outside and locks in all the juices. Dacor offers large capacity wall ovens and ranges. If anyone has questions about using convection let me know.

My mom has a convectin onven , back in the '70's and she used it a lot. Probably her favorite appliance. Do you keep it at 400 for the entire roasting time?

I work for Dacor appliances, my favorite temp for nearly everything is 400 on pure convection. This Sears the outside and locks in all the juices. Dacor offers large capacity wall ovens and ranges. If anyone has questions about using convection let me know.

How long per pound do you cook with your convection at 400? This year will be my first time to cook one of my own turkeys and my first turkey in a convection oven.

There are many factors in checking for the doneness of your turkey the best way is to use a good meat thermometer or if they meet Probe comes with your oven. I rely more on a meat thermometer or a meat probe than I do timewise are the clock wait till it starts looking brown and then I start checking for doneness using a meat thermometer.

Could you use butter/seasoning-salt on the skin to help with the crispness? My mother is getting some heritage (not mine) for the first time for the holidays. Should be fun. And tasty!!! My Rio Grandes are not laying yet either. I got a small little fart egg a couple of weeks ago and thought my hen was starting to lay. But it must have been one of the chix. Never saw it againl..... My friend who has RGs from the same clutch has started laying. Was kinda hoping mine would too. shux....

Two of my boys showing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom