Turkeys Hatching! HELP!!!!

silkie1472

Songster
Dec 28, 2016
About 3.5 weeks ago, I was given 35 turkey eggs. Some did not make it, so there are around 24 eggs left. There is a minor problem, however. A few of the turkeys are entering the air cell already, and it is only day 23!!!! I've never had this happen before, so any help/advice on how this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

(I've moved them off of the turner onto the wire tray.)

About 3.5 weeks ago, I was given 35 turkey eggs. Some did not make it, so there are around 24 eggs left. There is a minor problem, however. A few of the turkeys are entering the air cell already, and it is only day 23!!!! I've never had this happen before, so any help/advice on how this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

(I've moved them off of the turner onto the wire tray.)

The most likely scenario is that some of the eggs that you received were already started incubating.

When I have a good hatch, my poults normally hatch on day 27.

Last edited:
That is what I figured. I was so unprepared. At least half of them have their heads in the air cell, and I can even hear them. I knew it was not normal for poults to hatch 5 days early, so I figured that they were already being incubated before I received them. The wierd thing is that I candles them before I put them in the incubator, and I can usually see veins by day 5. I guess I'll look forward to turkey poults in a couple days. Thanks for the response!!!!

This will also happen when the incubation temperature so high , but don't worry early hatchers are very strong , I faced this in my turkey eggs , guinea fowl eggs and I also had hatched mascovi duck eggs at day 29/30 , temperature is 37.8C Humidity 55% ,but too much eggs I lost now I only incubate in 37.6C and 50% Humidity

Back
Top Bottom