Turkeys took over my sons wading pool !!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by CCCChickenman, Jun 24, 2010.

1. CCCChickenman

CCCChickenman Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2009
    Canon City, CO
    During the last hot spell 90+ my neighbors gave my son their plastic wading pool.
    Cody filled the pool w/water about 6" deep, came inside to put his swimming suit on, and you guessed it, he came out to find he wouldn't be wading alone, 3 BBB were standing in the pool like a flamingos, water up to their rumps, Having a ball.... If your birds get warm tootsies this summer the pool thing seems to work.[​IMG]

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Ours do that to, we have pools set out for the geese and ducks and the turkeys get in them to. It's supposed to be right at 100 today here, I hope there is room for me this afternoon. lol

Steve

3. ourflockof4

ourflockof4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Northern Ohio
    Quote:Please post some pic's of that one, that would be priceless. [​IMG] Some ducks, geese & turkeys with you right in the middle [​IMG]

4. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    how old do you think they should be before i give them a pool we have 6 turkeys an alot of chickens will the chickens go in the water.

5. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    hahaha....that is funny!!!!

yesterday I went outside o move the play equipment off the front lawn and I found a martin in my son's wading pool. it had filled up about half way with rain water and I guess the martin was too lazy to keep going to the creek!! I had to drain the pool and disinfect it. Though my son just wanted to watch the little one swim. They are cute from a distance!!! lol

6. CCCChickenman

CCCChickenman Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2009
    Canon City, CO
    Our Turkeys are 3 mos old and all love the pool
    Our chickens will sit on the side of the pool and drink, but not to crazy about wading yet.

[​IMG]

7. draftiemama

draftiemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Florida
    [​IMG]
    This picture is a few years old. I put Floyd into the pool and he hopped out quicker than a wink, he wanted no part of that water. Yesterday I was sprinkling the lawn and he walked into the stream by accident, he booked to get out from the sprinkler path, I haven't seen the old bird move so fast in a while!

I'm thinking he doesn't like water.

8. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    we need pics! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by