Turner in incubator....factory set at 45 minutes?

RobandSue2

Chirping
Jan 22, 2016
New Hampshire
hello...I just got my new Brinsea and the default turner time is set at 45 minutes...I can move it to 3 hours.
45 minutes seems way to quick compared to my other turners?

Anyone thoughts, experiences? Thanks

hello...I just got my new Brinsea and the default turner time is set at 45 minutes...I can move it to 3 hours.
45 minutes seems way to quick compared to my other turners?

Anyone thoughts, experiences? Thanks
There have been studies done concerning turning frequency and incubation. The studies showed that the more frequently the eggs were turned the better it was for them. I have an old GQF cabinet incubator and it turns the eggs every three hours. The new models turn the eggs once per hour. Hens do not wait 3 hours to turn the eggs they are sitting on.

I would leave it set at 45 minutes.

There have been studies done concerning turning frequency and incubation. The studies showed that the more frequently the eggs were turned the better it was for them. I have an old GQF cabinet incubator and it turns the eggs every three hours. The new models turn the eggs once per hour. Hens do not wait 3 hours to turn the eggs they are sitting on.

I would leave it set at 45 minutes.
Thank you very much I actually was sold when you said you know darn well that hen waiting 3 hours to turn the egg....

Back
Top Bottom