Turner not working on IncuView incubator. (How often to turn eggs by hand?)

CuzChickens

CountryChick
7 Years
Apr 24, 2016
Virginia
Hey folks,

I seem to have found myself in a small predicament.....I bought myself a refurbished IncuView incubator off of Ebay and set my eggs, they hatched with a 92% hatch rate and I was quite pleased. I have set my second batch after a thorough cleaning and the turner is not working! I have checked the settings, looked at the troubleshooting guide, taken the pin of and put it back on, it is not working! So here I am turning 27 eggs by hand. Anybody got any suggestions?

Also, now that I am turning these things by hand, how often do I need to turn the eggs a day? I am doing it at breakfast, lunch, and supper. I have read to turn them an odd number of times every day so that they do not spend each night on the same side.

Thank you guys for taking the time to respond!

~Cuz

Hey folks,

I seem to have found myself in a small predicament.....I bought myself a refurbished IncuView incubator off of Ebay and set my eggs, they hatched with a 92% hatch rate and I was quite pleased. I have set my second batch after a thorough cleaning and the turner is not working! I have checked the settings, looked at the troubleshooting guide, taken the pin of and put it back on, it is not working! So here I am turning 27 eggs by hand. Anybody got any suggestions?

Also, now that I am turning these things by hand, how often do I need to turn the eggs a day? I am doing it at breakfast, lunch, and supper. I have read to turn them an odd number of times every day so that they do not spend each night on the same side.

Thank you guys for taking the time to respond!

~Cuz

3 times a day will work fine. Just put a mark on one side so you will know the eggs was turned. Maybe someone familiar with that incubator can help you trouble shoot it. Good Luck

Edited to add I did not turn a set one time and had a decent hatch------Never being turned a time. 3 times will be fine. It does not hurt to turn them more but its not needed.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies! I had a friend over for dinner, and I mentioned it and he volunteered to look at it and found 2 wires jerked loose. *dumb blonde over here smacks forehead. He tightened them and everything seems to be working now! I have the incubator turning them six times a day. Was it OK to mark the eggs with a lead pencil? Newbie over here still working out the kinks....

Thank you for the replies! I had a friend over for dinner, and I mentioned it and he volunteered to look at it and found 2 wires jerked loose. *dumb blonde over here smacks forehead. He tightened them and everything seems to be working now! I have the incubator turning them six times a day. Was it OK to mark the eggs with a lead pencil? Newbie over here still working out the kinks....

Pencils use graphite, not lead ;) I use pencil and even sharpie on mine and both are safe

Did pencils used to have lead in them? Wow, surprised that even Sharpie does not bother them, but good to know.

Apparently graphite used to be known as "black lead".

I only use sharpie on the eggs I keep under a broody. Pencil rubs off too easily. I make a circle around the egg so no matter how it's positioned I can see which eggs to collect and which to leave for hatching.

Apparently graphite used to be known as "black lead".

I only use sharpie on the eggs I keep under a broody. Pencil rubs off too easily. I make a circle around the egg so no matter how it's positioned I can see which eggs to collect and which to leave for hatching.

Trick for under broody pencil circle is to make a circle close to the ends---not in the middle----never had to redo during her incubation/hatch.

Back
Top Bottom