Turning Oops

shaky6

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 29, 2013
Just discovered on day 14 that I never plugged in my egg turner. I feel compelled to wait it out...

are they alive at candle? then keep on trucking!!
fl.gif

I've got a new candler coming because the last idea with a flashlight and a toilet paper tube didn't work so well. Maybe I'll have it tomorrow. Not exactly sure if I know what I'm doing though. You can read all day long about how to, but unless you see it done its kind of hard to know whats what.

That's great to hear. My first batch got a 50% hatch rate with late delivered eggs and reject eggs as a replacement and had a heck of a time getting my new incubator to even out with a temp setting. Now my 2nd batch wasn't even turned for 2 weeks. I'm curious to see how determined nature is.

Last fall I had a hen that didn't turn her eggs for 10 days. I think she had 5 eggs under her, 3 hatched. We started turning the eggs for her when we saw that everything was on one side of all the egg. I think only one stayed stuck. I think some of yours should make it.

I just candled them with my new candler, and yep, this thing is so much easier to use than the po folk method. 2 out of the 12 never even developed blood vessels, one looks to be much smaller and slower in development than the others. The rest are dark through the middle with a defined air pocket up top. What else should I look at?

Back
Top Bottom