Turtle

roosters97

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
VA
Well i think my RES may be eggbound,or have eggs in her.Could it be possible?,I got here about 3 years ago,shes pretty small about the size of a squeshed golf ball.lol.please help me

I don't know about turtles being egg bound. So sorry I can't help. We have a red ear slider who is 4 yrs old and male. You might try to serch internet There is alot of great info about red ear slidders out there. I have learned alot from the internet. Good luck to you and your turtle.

sorry.. i dont know much about turtles.. snakes YES...
turtles, snakes and lizards can become egg bound..ually because they dont find a good PLACE to lay their eggs... #1 give her a place to lay them #2 increase her calcium intake
have you tryed to ask this question at..
kingsnake.com

Last edited:
I know snakes more than turtles and such, but if its only about the size of a golfball, I wouldnt count on it being eggbound. Why do you think it is, if you dont mind me asking?

Quote:
What is the water temperature you have her in , and are you sure it is a female?

What do you have for light on her?
12+ hours a day or much less.
reason I am asking is they sometimes develope the "lumps" near the base of the shell by increasing their intake of food to prepare for hybernation.
also with some their legs tend to swell up to 2 times the size in preperation for hybernation.
Red Eared Sliders come from a country where they would be hybernating right now as apposed to our normal winter. its a flip of seasons.

Try increasing lighting and warm the water up a little. do not go above 60 degrees though.
by the sounds this is a young RES, try the above and see if there is an improvement in a few weeks.

hi well my turtle we have had her for about 11 years she was the size of half dollar. she laid eggs about a month ago. i was shocked....... they died becuase she had them in the water. but i didnt know she didnt look different. she was scratching on everything when she was out of her tank so i gave her some dirt but nothing happened so i put her back in the pond and guess what the next day there they where. so maybe give her some dry dirt to dig in. just a idea

Back
Top Bottom