Tuxedo

albinosilver

Songster
May 17, 2018
Anyone else have these guys that look like mini penguins? I can’t seem to find any photos of the adults or other people who keep tuxedos. Does anyone here have any photos?
5C40FBFA-EB57-4F4A-8E2B-CFC3276E0A97.jpeg
797F39A4-CD99-492C-ADE6-81E450FAB451.jpeg

Not masked. They are way to rare for you to have. They are on the IUNC red list, and critically endangered. Plus, their chicks look like regular bobs. I am certain that you have Tennessee Red, but I could be wrong.

Here are the latest photos of the babies. They certainly don’t look like any Tennessee red I’ve seen. The one in the front is almost black with no pattern on the feathers. The one in the back is lighter with some striping. Both have completely white bellies and white flight feathers. I think I would call the mutation pied but still haven’t seen many other bobs like them.
0A8669F6-FE6E-4173-8B87-BB253DAC72E6.jpeg

They are called Tennessee Red Bobwhites. Tuxedo is for corturnix quail
Do the Tennessee reds have this much white though? All of them have consistently white bellies. The only adults I saw of this “tuxedo” variety (parents of these chicks) also had the white eye striped on the males which I don’t think the Tennessee red has.

Back
Top Bottom