Tuxedo

They are called Tennessee Red Bobwhites. Tuxedo is for corturnix quail
Do the Tennessee reds have this much white though? All of them have consistently white bellies. The only adults I saw of this “tuxedo” variety (parents of these chicks) also had the white eye striped on the males which I don’t think the Tennessee red has.

Besides masked bobwhite, I don't know any dark bobwhite with a white eye stripe other than the original. However, they don't have white bellies. This doesn't have to mean as much, since my Old English Game Bantams have dark chicks with white bellies, which, when they are older, grow up to be all black.

Besides masked bobwhite, I don't know any dark bobwhite with a white eye stripe other than the original. However, they don't have white bellies. This doesn't have to mean as much, since my Old English Game Bantams have dark chicks with white bellies, which, when they are older, grow up to be all black.

Perhaps some sort of masked and Tennessee red mix? I'll have to see for myself once these chicks grow up.

Not masked. They are way to rare for you to have. They are on the IUNC red list, and critically endangered. Plus, their chicks look like regular bobs. I am certain that you have Tennessee Red, but I could be wrong.

Not masked. They are way to rare for you to have. They are on the IUNC red list, and critically endangered. Plus, their chicks look like regular bobs. I am certain that you have Tennessee Red, but I could be wrong.

Here are the latest photos of the babies. They certainly don’t look like any Tennessee red I’ve seen. The one in the front is almost black with no pattern on the feathers. The one in the back is lighter with some striping. Both have completely white bellies and white flight feathers. I think I would call the mutation pied but still haven’t seen many other bobs like them.
0A8669F6-FE6E-4173-8B87-BB253DAC72E6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom