Twin ducklings!

leanntorina

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2015
Southeast Texas
I don't know the exact chances of twins hatching from an egg, or surviving in the egg period. But I have a buff egg that I'm self incubating that has twins. Today everyone is starting to hatch. They haven't internally pipped yet, but they're both still a kickin in the egg. So I'm just letting everyone do their thing and come out on their own. Fingers crossed these special babies make it!

Well no progress from the twins, but there are 6 more eggs hatching with them. Two babies have made it out so far and two more have pipped the shell.
20170521_145459.jpg
20170521_214201.jpg

Update on the twins...
The rest of the eggs have either internally or externally pipped EXCEPT the twins. I'm becoming worried if I should begin to think about intervening or just let them continue. There is little to no movement in the egg and I do not want to just leave them knowing if I had maybe helped they would have made it.

oh dear.....you could "try" to take some shell of if any blood stop wait a few hours, if there is no blood take off hunter membrane, keep wetting inner membrane, if no veins take off inner membrane, remember, don't stop wetting it, not the beaks as they will drown......keep us posted,

Back
Top Bottom