Twin ducklings

Backyardducks_

Chirping
Apr 3, 2021
Does anyone have experience with two ducklings hatching from one egg I have this really large egg my duck laid and when I candled it I can see two separate embryos I’ve heard of it happening but I haven’t heard of a successful hatch with them

It can be done, but you will 100% need to help them hatch, if they even make it that far. I know I would try, but don't expect a successful hatch.
I don’t quite know what day they are on but from experience I think around 20 days and I’m going to try and track where the one without the air cell is so I can help him if I need to but other then that I know it’s really rare for them to even make it to hatch point

I don’t quite know what day they are on but from experience I think around 20 days and I’m going to try and track where the one without the air cell is so I can help him if I need to but other then that I know it’s really rare for them to even make it to hatch point
Can you post a candling picture of this egg? How interesting!
Read through this article on assisted hatching, its very likely you will have to assist.

Does anyone have experience with two ducklings hatching from one egg I have this really large egg my duck laid and when I candled it I can see two separate embryos I’ve heard of it happening but I haven’t heard of a successful hatch with them
UPDATE!
Unfortunately the egg did not survive I could tell one had given up and it affected the other one but I recently just had 8 ducklings hatch but there were only 7 eggs so there must have been another set of twins that I didn’t notice

Back
Top Bottom