Pics
Do not name it nugget. There's a conspiracy theory here on BYC that the name NUGGET is cursed and chicks become mean and aggressive roosters!
Its true... I named one of my young pigeons Nugget and he turned really aggressive and would fly at me beak open whenever I came in the loft. He also killed his little siblings and was fighting with all the other pigeons. Jail for Nuggets!

Yikes! I have a mean rooster named Puffy Britches Jack (PBJ). My two boss hens don't tolerate his shenanigans and take great joy in pushing him around😂
I have a polish rooster named Sunny who is in his aggressive stage right now but it’s very derpy!🤣 He is pretty good he just gets confused sometimes due to his long hair and just his personality!😉 But he is super sweet to the girls!😊
68C373BA-7A35-4A6F-BAD8-330B8389FA9D.jpeg

I have a polish rooster named Sunny who is in his aggressive stage right now but it’s very derpy!🤣 He is pretty good he just gets confused sometimes due to his long hair and just his personality!😉 But he is super sweet to the girls!😊View attachment 2795359
I also have two non crested roosters- Tuna and Blue! They are not very nice but are still young!😉 We aren’t going to keep them just because we have rooster chicks that we really like and these two were hatched out by broodies so we didn’t get to raise them ourselves!😉 Sorry this is kind of random!🙈🤣

I usually don't name mine til I know they are pullets or cockerels, and even then I wait until I can ID a personality trait that helps me choose a suitable name. When they get older and they don't have a distinguishable personality, I go for physical features. I'm lame. In my flock currently we have: Poppy, Spunk, Indy (for Independent), Burrito (I've had to wrap her in a blanket), Klaus, Buffy, Red, Blue, Gertie, Penelope, Bellatrix, Narcissa, Squash (shell was squashed a day before her hatch!), Peaches (EE with puffy cheeks), Betty Boop (RIP), No Name, Scratch (scratched an open wound making it worse), and I have 6 cockerels that are named Stew Pot, four pullets unnamed, two leghorns and two barred rocks also unnamed.
You should start a name suggestion thread for your unnamed ones!😉

Back
Top Bottom