1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Twin Pictures (Micky)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tracy the chick, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Candled my white star egg today and theres 2 chicks in there! There not next to each other, 1 is at one side and the 2nd is the other side! Ive been speaking to my vet who hatches hundreds of chicks and shes never heard of this! I will try and get a picture. They are both dancing around and it looks like they have a yolk sac each. Any info will help please x:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Here is a video of twin chicks hatching. From what I've read, they have to be helped out of the egg, which looks like quite a harrowing experience. I've never hatched eggs, but I knew there was a good video out there, so here is one:

This was done by a BYC member - needmorechickens

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  3. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Thank you very much for that. Me and my husband watched it. Ive also just seen someone else has twins too on here. My egg is off a realy young chicken, it was only her 5th egg so im wondering thats why as i know your more likely to get double yokes of young chickens. I havent got much hope but im keeping my fingers crossed.. They have a nice size air pocket which is good news.

4. WinklerFarms

WinklerFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota
    Good luck and keep us updated!

5. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Very cool!

6. MA Mama

MA Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    MA
    This is soooooooo cool - thanks for posting! I can't wait to see how it goes!

7. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Day 14

Im candling this egg everyday. I know some people wont agree with this but me and my vet want to check there progress every day..

Candled today and both babies are dancing around still. [​IMG]

Im trying not to get myself attached to these babies but its so dam hard![​IMG]

8. HoglundH

HoglundH Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck, twins don't often survive. As one is up and one is down and drowns. Usually two yolks are avoided to incubate.

9. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Wish i had known from day 1 [​IMG]. There both at the large end at the moment so one has not turned yet.

10. NorthTexaschick

NorthTexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Denton area
    Here's hoping they both make it!
    [​IMG]...subscribes to thread...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by