Twins

I know these are from a previous year (2016) but when I posted the info somewhere at the time - I was told it never happens and I had "faked it" by adding an extra egg - like why would I even bother doing that?? I didn't know at the time how rare it was
I know that it can happen. I believe you. :)
Was it just their proximity to your window that drew your attention to the nest?

Did they both make it?

I know that it can happen. I believe you. :)
Was it just their proximity to your window that drew your attention to the nest?

Did they both make it?
I couldn't help but notice the nest - the pigeon pair had been roosting on my windowsill for ages and took advantage of a tiny ledge on adjacent scaffolding to build the nest. it took them 3 attempts as the space was so narrow the materiel kept falling off. it gave me weeks of pleasure watching them incubate and care for the chicks.

Sadly the chicks both came unfortunate but separate and unrelated ends. The first one was taken and eaten by either a cat or a rat at 12/13 days. The second baby fell from the nest just before fully fledged. As you can see it was a very tiny ledge - an accident waiting to happen

Chata.JPG
Welcome to the forum....I also have a boxer puppy that looks almost like your dog. She doesn't have the complete white around the muzzle as yours but on half of it....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom