Two 9-week-old Polish Chicks

Eggcentric NanaJ

Nanna's Eggcentric Laybrary & Eggcademy
Premium Feather Member
Feb 9, 2023
Metro Portland, OR
After reading thru all the comments that I could find I think I am more confused about sexing these two Polish Chicks. I have a Buff Laced and a Golden Laced chick. They are not aggressive at all and get along with the other chicks. Timone is the Golden Laced and Goldie Hen is the Buff Laced. Neither have feathers on their legs. Goldie had some feathers picked by Timone just before the photos.... siblings.... Thank you in advance for your help. :thumbsup

IMG_8951.JPG IMG_8952.JPG IMG_8953.JPG IMG_8954.JPG

What in the crazy crest is going on here! Wow.

Do you comb or alter the crests on these, or is that natural?

First, I think these are a bit older than 9 weeks. I'm going to say at least a few more than that.

The buff is a pullet. Can you get a side profile pic of of the gold laced?

First, I think these are a bit older than 9 weeks. I'm going to say at least a few more than that.

Yes, they have crazy crests. They hatched April 24th. and I have had them along with my other 12 chicks since April 27th.
Oh my goodness they're adorable! Especially with those huge head feathers! 😍

Polish are tricky, so too young to know for sure. Could you get some comb pictures?

Their crests are all natural. I am new to chicks, so is combing their crest normal?? It doesn't sound like anything I would want to do. Closet thing I had to do was wash the poop off the Buff (Goldie) when she got splatted by one of the other chicks... I took more photos of their combs and profiles. Goldie 1.JPG Goldie 2.JPG Timone 1.JPG Timone 2.JPG Timone 3.JPG Timone 4.JPG Timone 7.JPG Timone 6.JPG

Their new coop will be completed enough this weekend for them to move in!!! I am so excited! They have taken over most of the guestrooms walk-in closet. I just had to keep adding onto the "Condo-sized Brooder".

Last edited:
Thank you. :love They both are so sweet. I was hoping that they would both be pullets. If Timone is a cockerel, I will be really sad. I had my suspensions that he may be and do have a home for him with a friend that can and wants to have a rooster. I'll just have to visit him, time will tell. :jumpyIts a 50/50 chance I was told with the Polish chicks.

Last edited:
Yes, they have crazy crests. They hatched April 24th. and I have had them along with my other 12 chicks since April 27th.

Their crests are all natural. I am new to chicks, so is combing their crest normal?? It doesn't sound like anything I would want to do. Closet thing I had to do was wash the poop off the Buff (Goldie) when she got splatted by one of the other chicks... I took more photos of their combs and profiles. View attachment 3553071View attachment 3553072View attachment 3553073View attachment 3553074View attachment 3553075View attachment 3553076View attachment 3553078View attachment 3553077
Buff looks like a pullet and the Golden Laced looks like a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom