two chickens in question! HELP!!!

Quote:
Ditto, Lady Badlands, I can whole-heartedly agree with what you say about CS. I have given it to my kids, myself, my cats, goats and chickens, and we have made it through the flu season (so far), cured an abscess on a cat's tail, healed the wounds of a hen who had been attacked by a stray dog, and cured an acute ear infection. I am currently treating a hen who was severely pecked by other chickens at her previous owner's place, and who has trauma to her head which causes her right eye to constantly bubble and ooze pus. There has been a marked improvement since we started cleaning the area with colloidal silver, and I expect her to recover completely. GNC carries it, and it's $26 per bottle, which will last you forever, because you only use small amounts.

C

Quote:
i have vet rx.... like what kind of meds can i use? seriously im going threw a tuff time ( like alot of people in this world) and if its a disease that can kill my other flock ill just cull them two. its harsh but im not rich.

An article I read in Practical Poultry said that there are two common reasons for eyes like those. The pictures they showed, looked just like yours.

#1 was mites from ear infestations. Part the feathers carefully and look for black, dusty looking areas, especially around the neck and vent. There is often a strong, distinct smell associated with this problem.

#2 Was a respiratory illness.

If there is puss in the eye, it said to wipe it out or it could harden into a crusty tough substance that will be hard to treat.

Back
Top Bottom