Two chickens missing

Urban coyotes are well adapted to hunting inside our habitats. A stray dog could have also taken the animals.
I just wish we had some clues as to what happened because we've had dog attacks before and it normally leaves feathers everywhere. Not to mention one of our girls that went missing was a really lean and fast runner

I just wish we had some clues as to what happened because we've had dog attacks before and it normally leaves feathers everywhere. Not to mention one of our girls that went missing was a really lean and fast runner

If a dog or coyote hunting in a loose pack grabs the birds around the neck they will not leave too many traces behind.

Could have also been a large bird of prey. I mean a very large bird of prey.
It's just like theres nothing nearby. I swear by it, I would have seen them by now. I spend a lot of nights on the back porch looking out at the lawn and the stars. I dont know though, maybe it was?

I'm so sorry about your chickens. One time I had my favorite girl missing for 5 days but then I found her hiding under a shed. Recently I had another girl missing for 4 days and I was crushed and she showed up out of nowhere one day. Chickens can be really good hiders.

I'm so sorry about your chickens. One time I had my favorite girl missing for 5 days but then I found her hiding under a shed. Recently I had another girl missing for 4 days and I was crushed and she showed up out of nowhere one day. Chickens can be really good hiders.
Yeah, I just hope they're brooding somewhere or something. Theres wood piles near my house, should I check them?

I would triple check every place possible - even places you don't think they would go to. You never know where they could go. Some blend in very well and will stay quiet even if you try talking to them. I really hope they show up
Do you know why they would even do this? Like why would they have a reason to go into hiding?

Back
Top Bottom