Two chicks hatched with no neck feathers?

Quote:
gig.gif

You shoulda seen the looks I got when I went through the drive through after I first bought my two showgirls. They were in a very open cage on the front seat. Went to Bojangles for cinnamon bisquits for the kids. Just as I pull up to the last window, I see the sign that says chicken and bisquits and start laughing. The lady opens the windows and goes "Aww! Look at the bunnies!" and they raise their heads up...she goes from shock to disgust to shock to amusement to disgust AND shock again.
lau.gif
And the showgirls absolutely do not compare to the turkens/naked necks in terms of...er...looks because the dark skin kind of blends in and doesn't look quite as bad. At least that's what I keep telling myself. ;-)

Quote:
Yeah what I kinda suspected.. "there were eggs from somewhere else.." Those look like classic hatchery stock turkens/naked necks.

The one on top most definitely is pure for the naked neck gene- meaning she came from someone who at least had a naked neck rooster and hen. The second one is a classic example of a bird heterozygous(one mutant gene) for the naked neck.. much larger neck patch. I could tell even though only can see her from the back(appears both are girls)

I don't see any evidence of "fuzzyheads" in these either.. crests are polygenetic- crosses and mixes usually have small but obvious crests or what looks like a cowlick, both of them don't have any evidence.

I'd bet they are normal naked necks from someone who has them(but isn't admitting? LOL)

Quote:
gig.gif

You shoulda seen the looks I got when I went through the drive through after I first bought my two showgirls. They were in a very open cage on the front seat. Went to Bojangles for cinnamon bisquits for the kids. Just as I pull up to the last window, I see the sign that says chicken and bisquits and start laughing. The lady opens the windows and goes "Aww! Look at the bunnies!" and they raise their heads up...she goes from shock to disgust to shock to amusement to disgust AND shock again.
lau.gif
And the showgirls absolutely do not compare to the turkens/naked necks in terms of...er...looks because the dark skin kind of blends in and doesn't look quite as bad. At least that's what I keep telling myself. ;-)

lau.gif
I would have loved to have seen that!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom