Two dead and two with same problem

If its not aggression related, my worry would be coryza... I'm not going to put up the pix you've surely seen. Do a google search on it. If your new birds eyes were swelled when you bought them, and there was no blood or sign of injury, I would be concerned.

Randall and others use medicated GBS with no issues. In many areas its all that is available. If I had good medicated feed and couldnt return it, I would'nt hesitate to feed it to my bird. Its my understanding that its harm may be to the fertility of quail after long term use.

I feed a medicated gbs that is medicated for game birds not chickens.. according to the mill there is a difference in the type of medication that goes in gbs and what goes into chick starter.. i guess i have to believe them as I'm no expert . i have not had any problems with it so far.. although i do switch to a gb maintenance once they reach adulthood

CALL YOUR DEPT. OF AG AND ASK FOR THE NEAREST STATE VET AND CALL HIM AND SEE IF HE WILL HELP OR IF ONE DOES HE CAN USUALLY DO A FREE NECROPSY.

Randall and others use medicated GBS with no issues. In many areas its all that is available. If I had good medicated feed and couldnt return it, I would'nt hesitate to feed it to my bird. Its my understanding that its harm may be to the fertility of quail after long term use.

Even I have to use medicated GBS and I am the lady that feeds organic to the point of GMO free organic....Medicated GBS for the first 4 to 6 weeks of life is unavoidable in some regions (in a gamebird ration). I have also tried turkey starter unmedicated and had good results...Please, people don't take the Medicated thing as a Big NO NO. It is preference of the individual, just like vaccinations or using tylenol or letting the fever run it's course...Just preference... AND X1 with Bill on the long term use thing.

Back
Top Bottom