TWO eggs two yolks each AND TWO EMBRYOS each moving at day 14!

Generally, such eggs would not be set in incubator, or removed when they are candled during early development. Chances of healthy chicks hatching from double yolkers are very slim. My advice to you would be: don't set those eggs in the first place.
First place? Like if they even hatch? Sorry little slow due to little sleep from all this!

Generally, such eggs would not be set in incubator, or removed when they are candled during early development. Chances of healthy chicks hatching from double yolkers are very slim. My advice to you would be: don't set those eggs in the first place.
From what I've heard they've come a long way though don't you think?

I don't know what to expect but all four are moving today on day 14 and seperate yolks visible with each chic. Can anyone give advise or opinion or anything? This is only second batch! Thanks
As far as I understand with double yolkers, one embryo will likely die due to lack of nutrition and space as one will become stronger the other weaker. If the one dies and then rots in the egg, bacteria will likely kill the other. Lazy Gardener is correct, generally these eggs are not set and if discovered during incubation, they are discarded.
Sorry to be such a downer, I know there have been successful hatches of these but they are very, very rare. Are these the only eggs you are incubating now?

The issue is that there will not be enough room for them to get into position to hatch, there may not be enough nutrition in the yolks, or enough space in the eggs for them to complete their development. Often one of the embryo dies, resulting in bacterial contamination of the other. Better to put a single yolk egg in the bator which will have a good chance of developing into a healthy chick than a double yolker which has all odds stacked against it, and if you do get a viable chick, it may be compromised.

Maybe when you get a chance you can explain. I obviously don't want to put my other babies at risk, as I stated the most I new about chickens was they laid eggs now I have 5 blue silkies just a week old and this 7 of Fun n Funkies to be locked on Wednesday. So any protective or nutreal suggestions for myself of the readers would be just great.

Back
Top Bottom