Two embryos in 1 egg!! Is this even possible!!!

lucysducks11

Songster
Apr 9, 2016
Today is day 7 I candled my Mallard eggs and everyone is very active, so much movement, heartbeats and all, one of my eggs definitely has 2 babies, 2 separate embryos, 2 heart beats....what do I do now! They can't possibly both grow and survive. I'm lost here :(

Today is day 7 I candled my Mallard eggs and everyone is very active, so much movement, heartbeats and all, one of my eggs definitely has 2 babies, 2 separate embryos, 2 heart beats....what do I do now! They can't possibly both grow and survive. I'm lost here
sad.png
Yes, it is possible and has been done before with a successful hatch!

Here is a video made by one of our BYC members (@needmorechickens! ) showing how she assisted in the hatching of two chicks in the same egg.

So it is possible for them to develop and grow fully, but more than likely they will need help hatching. Congrats! Please share some pics with us :)

Very exciting! It may or may not turn out well, but it'd be nice to give them a chance. And it would be very interesting to follow!

Do you think this is why the air cell is so hard to see? I can see the outline of the air sac but it's not clear like in the other eggs..
I have no clue! Don't know about duck eggs, just about chickens and not sure if there are differences in between the eggs haha but probably so!

Very exciting! It may or may not turn out well, but it'd be nice to give them a chance. And it would be very interesting to follow!

I'm completely baffled by these two little squirmy embryos in this 1 egg.. I honestly have no idea what to do with them except leave them be and just follow their progress and hope for the best outcome possible. If I knew how to post a video I would show you guys these two but I have no clue how to do that.

I'm completely baffled by these two little squirmy embryos in this 1 egg.. I honestly have no idea what to do with them except leave them be and just follow their progress and hope for the best outcome possible. If I knew how to post a video I would show you guys these two but I have no clue how to do that.

You can take videos, post to YouTube and link here. Please keep us up to date!

You can take videos, post to YouTube and link here. Please keep us up to date!

I have a page on fb completely devoted to my duck sanctuary that I have, if you want to follow me the name of the page is called Fatty's Ducks and Chucks
I mainly rescue ducks, never have I incubated any and right now I have 11 mallards in 1 incubator and 18 call ducks in another. I have absolutely no idea how to link a video from YouTube to here but I will definitely try

I have a page on fb completely devoted to my duck sanctuary that I have, if you want to follow me the name of the page is called Fatty's Ducks and Chucks
I mainly rescue ducks, never have I incubated any and right now I have 11 mallards in 1 incubator and 18 call ducks in another. I have absolutely no idea how to link a video from YouTube to here but I will definitely try

Day 12 is this 2 embryos

Back
Top Bottom