Two females mating?? Is this normal?

Cmp1979

Chirping
Sep 6, 2018
Rochester, NY
I have a female tan and white runner and I originally had two male pekings but I gave them away sadly to prevent breeding with my female. I acquired another female duck. Now I'm 95% sure my Indian runner is a female, the voice is a deep quacking and there isn't a curled tail feather. They are both 4 months old. I have noticed however my Indian runner is getting on top of the other female in the bathtub and to me it really looks like mating. Could it be that my Indian runner is a male?

I have a female tan and white runner and I originally had two male pekings but I gave them away sadly to prevent breeding with my female. I acquired another female duck. Now I'm 95% sure my Indian runner is a female, the voice is a deep quacking and there isn't a curled tail feather. They are both 4 months old. I have noticed however my Indian runner is getting on top of the other female in the bathtub and to me it really looks like mating. Could it be that my Indian runner is a male?
That or she could be mentally ill.
:eek::gig:lau

Yes it is normal.
Every animal, even humans, especially in puberty, will mate each other when nothing else is around (the other sex).
And they also can be gay offcourse.
But most of the time it is sexual tendecies that they want to ventilate but their prefered sex is never around or has never been around. Cows that haven't give birth do it a lot. They never have seen a bull, are only brought up and surrounded by females. They go through puberty and want to mate; they only have females to practicise that.
In rats it works the same way. Even when there is a male. Sometimes the 'drive' is so big that their are allways too less males and mate with each other. AND, just like bonobo apes, it fills a social purpose, they bond with it. They become better 'girlfriends' and a stronger social female-group that are so close that they together can fight off the often agressive males that use fysical pain to 'rape'.

It is actually quite interesting, I coul tell you more about it but it will involve words and ideas that some people might find offensive and this is a forum where eveyone is welcomed. You can google it if you have interest in that.

For now the most usefull is; do the ducks care? They are not so involved in what society thinks. They just do what ducks do. Apparently they feel the need to do this. They are not hurting each other. So maybe just let them duck each other if that makes them happy.

Back
Top Bottom