Two Ladies Hurt...Can't figure out Whodunit!

I keep my girls inside a screened in greenhouse frame. The frame has been rigged with wheels where I can push/pull the coop to fresher grass. Tarps are fixed on the top where I can lower, raise it to keep rain from blowing inside.
IMG_20190724_114543.jpg

They like it, especially when I move it to fresh grass, because they'll eat the grass. Since my girls cannot be free-range, they don't always have insects to forage on. When walking around in the yard, if I see a grasshopper, I'll catch it and throw inside the coop. Grasshoppers don't last 2 seconds in there. :gigNeither did the little hornworm I pulled off my pepper plant. :rolleyes:
IMG_20190724_114821.jpg

That's slick Red. I have been kicking around a design for an 8 X 8 Hoop Tractor but it mah not be needed except in the wide open Front Yard.
The kids are learning the Coop is Home and shut in until the Run is fully buttoned up. Then they will be there a week or 2, then Free Range time daily. They will have an acre and a half of grass, woods and marshy area to explore. Just need to evaluate the predator issue, if any, during daylight. So far we have only seen, Turkey, Deer, Momma and twins, and an Elk! Nothing to sweat there.:woot. The coop and run are under giant Oak Trees and during the 90°F recent weather it was MUCH cooler in the coop and run. There is also my Deck that can provide cover from Hawk attack...JJ

Back
Top Bottom