Two legged Predators in the country.

Featherwrangler

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 24, 2012
Northeastern Plains of Colorado
Thankfully my brood is temporarily at my daughter's while I heal from recent surgery. The other morning I found my locked coop wide open. No animal could have taken the lock off the hasp. Things are obviously getting desperate in our rural area. I live 20 miles from the closest town. A friend at church had her entire flock taken last summer. She lives about 8 miles from me. Bigger lock when thy come home & wildlife camera.
he.gif

I've had green beans stolen out of my garden, heck someone that desperate I would have picked them and given them a ham hock to go with. They instead of just picking the beans ripped up the plants grabbed the beans and dropped the plant. Probably grabbed some tomatos too but they were staked in and the plants were unharmed.

I had neighbors pen up two of my free-ranging hens last year and put them in with their birds. Same neighbors had to repeatedly retrieve dog trying to get into my penned birds. Shortly after swiping my birds same neighbor lost all they had to a critter getting into their coop and run. The re-chickened twice since and keep getting picked. They not only do not recognize the investments of others, they also do not invest properly in what is rightfully theirs. Makes chicken thievery easier I guess.

Thankfully my brood is temporarily at my daughter's while I heal from recent surgery. The other morning I found my locked coop wide open. No animal could have taken the lock off the hasp. Things are obviously getting  desperate in our rural area. I live 20 miles from the closest town. A friend at church had her entire flock taken last summer. She lives about 8 miles from me. Bigger lock when thy come home & wildlife camera.:he  

Have you gotten the camera out yet. Wonder what finding an empty locked coop will make them do? Leave it alone or keep checking back?

Back
Top Bottom