Two legged predators!

My younger cousin had a friend coming over from the local run down hotel and one night I went out right after I say him leaving and every nest box was tore off the wall, all the breeding pens open, so everyone was together and not getting along.

I locked my coop and told my aunt and he never came back to the coop or there house. It was just one of those little locks with the small keys but it worked really well. Just dont make somebody mad because they will come back.

there are alot of people losing jobs and hungry..and being in the boonies we are a good hit..glad we are home all day and night. we had a driveway company come and give us an estimate . he saw the hens and asked if we get eggs.. so we gave him a dozen and he left smiling. since we are getting older i worry about intruders in the house .. more than the coop..

Quote:
I have a motion light on my back porch. Between my indoor/outdoor cats and the neighborhood cats the light is on half the night at least. Having one out by my coop would probably drive me insane!
However, it IS nice if the dog barks at night and the light is still off I know no one can be out there in my truck or on the porch.
I have started keeping the front porch light on 24/7 (need to install a dusk to dawn sensor on it) nowadays. It lights up the front of the entire yard pretty well.

Have had no trouble yet. We live on 15 acres and quite a ways from the road. We did a gate and fence at the road late last year because of fears that the economy will bring more trouble like this our way. It stays locked 24-7. Most low-life bottom-feeders will just go on to the nearest place that looks easier to get into, so for now we do feel safer, but are alert and prepared nonetheless.
sad.png

I know this might sound a little extreme, but they make game cameras for hunters that just take photos when something walks in front of it. You can set them high enough that your normal critters won't set it off. You can also manually turn them on and off like when you leave for work or go to bed. They're usually camo print and can be mounted and hidden fairly well if you want to get creative.
They run about $125 at Walmart now for a lower end one. You plug the memory card into your computer to view the photos. At least you'd know who the culprit is and could turn the photos over to the police. Who knows, maybe you have a hunting friend that will let you borrow one outside of hunting season and don't have to pay for it at all.........

A bunch of "POSTED" and "NO TRESPASSING" signs, a German Shepherd (that everyone thinks is vicious), and plenty of ammo on hand for the weapons. Along with frequent target practice to make lots of noise to ensure no one has any doubts.
I WILL protect whats mine.
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom