Two male ducks

Pirie

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2024
Hi i have just found out that the two ducks we have about 4-5 months old are male can they live together with no females

I don't have ducks (yet!)- however I do know a thing or two about them, and I know that around spring time they probably will become SUPER territorial and might hurt themselves/will hurt you.

Just something to think about..

I don't have ducks (yet!)- however I do know a thing or two about them, and I know that around spring time they probably will become SUPER territorial and might hurt themselves/will hurt you.

Just something to think about..
Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had that problem. I have multiple drakes in with multiple ducks and apart from some wrestling from my Muscovy drakes (between themselves) to assert dominance, they all get along fine. None of mine have *ever* attacked me. <knock on wood>

It’s usually the drakes that are imprinted on humans that have the problem the ones raised by mama ducks or raised in groups don’t usually attack humans or that is the way it’s been here. The imprinted have issues trying to figure where we fit in to the flock mama or mate lol

Back
Top Bottom