Two Muscovy color questions...

sred98

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Oklahoma
I am new to Muscovies and these are two of my prettiest older babies. One I am wondering if he is a chocolate? His tail is black, but his breast is kind of a ticked brown, black, and white. He is not camera shy and likes to stand on my feet when I am outside!

20100617195245.jpg

This one, I thought was going to be a white, but has kind of barring on her body? Sorry for the blurry pic, but she wasn't the most cooperative, and my Maran was trying to get between us!

0617101949-00.jpg

Thanks so much!

Shelly

Top pic, duckling is going to be black w/ white (Black pied) . 2nd Pic - Black barred. Possibly black barred pied. It's hard to tell right now w/the pic how much white your duckling has. Juvie feathering looks a bit more on the "wild" side w/more speckling and brown where adult feathering will be black.

Thanks for the reply! So...would the young males and females have a slightly different breast color? Because, some of them have the brown, and some have only the black, like you would think the black and whites would have.

On the second pic, I am guessing it would be a black barred, because I have another one that has white splotches on it's chest, so that would make me think it will be a black barred pied. The one in the pic has barring all over it's chest and wings.

I have a solid brown duckling. I can't wait to see what it feathers in like!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom