Two new hatches (6/9/23)

StepfordCuckoos

Songster
Mar 20, 2019
My mom noticed that our girl Spinach had been broody for a while. She is a bigger breed of chicken (she's a barred rock and while she's not ginormous, she's not a bantam breed/polish) and we have promised ourselves we will never hatch bigger breed chickens again. So we took the eggs in her coop and put a couple of smaller eggs under her. We suspected that one of the eggs came from our polish hen and the other from a silkie lady. We don't know who the dad's are but the only options are silkie or mottled cochin, so all bantam. They hatched this morning!! The only "bigger" hen we have in that pen is a gold laced wyandotte but it didn't appear to be her egg.
IMG_0095.jpg

(This is the one I believe is from our polish girl ^ )(Our polish girl is buff laced, so I don't know how coloring would work when crossed with the roo. The more golden parts of this chicken resemble her coloring)
IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

This is the other chick. The dot on the head is a bit worrying lol. Hoping that doesn't mean it's a rooster but cute regardless.

Back
Top Bottom