1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Two odd colored silkies hatched this week.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Remudamom, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

First, I'm sure these are Silkies. My hens and roo are in a coop by themselves, and that's where these eggs came from. But what colors? Is this first one a partridge or maybe a splash?
    My roo is white and my hens are black and partridge, although I'm not sure the partridge hen lays anymore.
    [​IMG]

Then this second chick. Black with white tipped wings, white belly and rump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Very cute. The first one looks like a Splash. A partridge will look like a chipmunk pattern. I love the black one, I wonder if his belly will stay white so cute.

3. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

So Silkies come from black and white? What happens when you mix other colors?

4. ROCKIN R FARM

ROCKIN R FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    Rhome, Texas
    the second one reminds me of Happy Feet do not know why but he or she does. Great colors by the way.
    I have Black roos and roos that are Gray and black splashed..All the hens I believe are white. I did not choose this to happen was how they were given to me. I did just recently get me 3 black hen silkies that are only about 4 months old. And I have some baby silkies that are buffs. Was hoping they stayed that way when I got them from TSC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by