two of my hens are sleeping in the trees

I would just to be safe. I would try the scratch or something they love to eat and trick them into the coop. Mine love pizza crust and will do anything for it.
Michele

i hope they die off over the winter so i dont have to lock my hens up any more

well when it snows ther will be no rabbitts and my hens will be locked up when they come so hopefully they will move location or die, i really should have seen it coming because i saw 2 chasing each other across the road a couple of feilds up, but the hen got killed a month later

Can you trap them, then give them a shot to the head or a good whack, problem solved. Trick them with raw chicken in the trap.

well i need to talk to my uncle and get a trap and when im locking them up i let my jack russel have a wonder around the feild incase its there

Mine roosted in tree before we got the coop done. I could only catch one the night it was finished and an owl took one out of the tree. They don't know what is best for them. Too bad, I suppose that is why they hatch out so many at a time, everything eats chickens.
I'd strongly advise lock em up for a few days till they forget the tree.
Oh, yeah, after the owl broke meenies neck, eenie mini and moe are always the first ones in the coop at night, no more arguments.

obarma was fine, im just going to worry about getting her in when it snows but she probs will anyways if she is cold
105703_kij.jpg

Back
Top Bottom