Two of my Pekins attacked by....šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø Deep wounds... help .. šŸ˜¢

Mama does very much look happy as a clam and such a beautiful girl. I am so happy for you she has done so well, they are amazing for sure. And your TLC has been the best! Looks like you live in a log home! Always been my dream:love thanks so much for keeping us updated on her. Iā€™d def not put her with your drakes though give that wound all the time it needs to heal completely.
I definitely plan on keeping her In until i think sheā€™s really ready... my poor other girl out there tho, whewww .. I feel for her lol! And we have a log cabin style inside but not out! But oh man wouldnā€™t that be cool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 9
Don't go away from this forum after she is completely healed. There might be others here that will need your help if they should have a similar experience.

So glad she's better! Those were some nasty looking wounds for sure!
Youā€™re so right! This has definitely been a journey, full of ups and downs and all kinds of learning about my duck! Such a beautiful bonding experience at the same time. Last night I just sat on the floor in there with her and she waddled her lil fat butt right over and later her beak on my hand. I thought screw all u people who make fun of me for being that crazy duck lady lol!!! They all have such personalities and traits and can show affection which is just so cool! Plus, have I met some great people on here or what!!!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 9
Mama does very much look happy as a clam and such a beautiful girl. I am so happy for you she has done so well, they are amazing for sure. And your TLC has been the best! Looks like you live in a log home! Always been my dream:love thanks so much for keeping us updated on her. Iā€™d def not put her with your drakes though give that wound all the time it needs to heal completely.
Omgosh! I wish I wouldnā€™t have been so nervous to trim her wound sooner! Well then again I really didnā€™t know šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø but in those pics where her wound just looked so nasty and lid filled almost .. those rare old mast feathers !!! So Iā€™ve Ben in here for an hour trying to get what I could out of the wound and plucking .. hen she lets me lol .. but it def looks so much better with all that trimmed away šŸ˜„

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    662.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 9
Dang
I meant to post a picture of this: does this look like just a scab maybe from the incident?
( also those feathers we thought were pus filled are just new follicles growing on what looks like just new skin growth over the top there)

Attachments

• 87D45DBA-F605-414F-A033-0CC6D5BA00CA.jpeg
    87D45DBA-F605-414F-A033-0CC6D5BA00CA.jpeg
    371.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 44C5E442-A86A-41B4-9613-F883A488DCF8.jpeg
    44C5E442-A86A-41B4-9613-F883A488DCF8.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 10
The foot could be bumble if thats a scab and it's swollen. I'd soak her foot or feet which is easier in warm Epsom salt water till you can peel the scab off there should be a pus pocket and it will be thick, pus in ducks is thick and yellowish, But don't get into a hurry soak and try and gently peel off the scab. Once you get to the scab off then either pull out the pus with sterile tweezers or it may even come out with the scab. But once you get the scab off post pics again. For the hole will need to be packed with some type of antibiotic ointment then wrapped till the skin grows back over. I don't think this has to do with the attack it's just something that poulty get it can come from stepping on something like a thorn or small cuts then bacteria enters. And staff happens. But it can be serious if not taken care of.
Good for you getting her wound taken care of and the feathers away. It will finish healing so much better now.

How's things going there?
Hiii! So sorry I have neglected the site for so long!!! Mamma is doing much better, she has found ā€œfriendsā€ in the mirror and in front of my stove! Lol šŸ˜‚ her reflection and her are bffs... she hops in my lap now and is eager to get back outside, but she still has a small area thatā€™s not quite closed šŸ˜žitā€™s been a long process but she is alive and well!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom