Two Of My Teen Daughters (15,14) Bringing Home Babies Today: UPDATE!

Quote:
Sorry but I am LMAO here! Can't wait to hear the updates. My 5 year old is so good at what he does he's happy to do it for free. To him it's not even work, he's just living out his normal day. His only requirements is you feed him ramen noodles and let him watch Cartoon network. Warn your daughters though.. he was "kicked" out of preschool.

I always end our conversations with my 15 year old dd's boys with the line from the country song "have her back by ten, I'll be right here cleaning my gun"
gig.gif
gig.gif

It always gets their attention!
ep.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I do love the baby homework project though.....should have seen my older boys trying to make it through it
he.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Four of mine have been through it.....2 to go!
pop.gif

You didn't say how long they are going to have the babies. Someone mentioned just for the weekend. Unless they are going to have them for months, I would not babysit them this weekend nor allow the sisters to babysit them. Part of the learning process, and the grade, is that teen mothers have it tough - they have to MISS THE FOOTBALL GAME (OMG, Like I'm going to just die). Let them try and find their own babysitters, like another teen who is willing to give up the game and babysit for the going rate which I think is now $20 and hour, and have to pay it.

It's a learning experience - babysitting for them, no matter how "tough" you are going to be on them - isn't helping.

Oooh I have always wanted to get one of those!
big_smile.png
I think it's awesome!! And should be a mandatory "class" in HS.
smile.png
Keep us posted. Do they sound "real"? Hey, you should take a short video clip and post it!!
big_smile.png

when i was 14, i did a girl scout summer camp where we got the dolls for the whole week. I loved it! I went out and bought one of those little folding strollers, and took that doll shopping, for walks to my friend's house, everything. So much fun. There were some girls there that got really sick of them, and one even buried hers in the laundry hamper the first night, and came to camp the second day, returned the doll, and quit.
my mom and i ended up buying those strollers for all the dolls (we save up soda cans, and take them in when we've got a whole bunch, and then donate that money towards something), so that next time, the kids would get even more stuff to haul around.

My brother got one for the weekend while in middle school, but the batteries were dead.

good luck with your girls... thats gonna be fun, having two babies in the house at the same time. My parents made me sleep on the floor in the living room (farthest from the bedrooms) so they wouldn't be bothered with the crying.

Quote:
I am so glad I have all boys actually out of 13 grandchilren only 1 girl talk about protection (12 male cousins), truth is unless she changes her ways she is way tom boy, and thinks boys are yucky when they like her.

When I was in home ec. 20 years ago we had bags of flour we had to take care of and let me tell you in a town of 300 everyone is watching.

Last edited:
A lot of schools around here require it in the Home Economics class (though Home Ec is called something else right now but I am brain dead today.Sigh.:| )
My middle daughter brought one home on a weekend when she was in high school. I think it scared her out of having kids too soon.
lol.png

When my two oldest girls had boyfriends, I made sure they were a little intimidated by me. A few of them would even wait across the street.
lol.png
They say its a wonder they ever got married.
I am relieved to have my youngest daughter LIKE boys but not be totally crazy about them.

Last edited:
I think I would make them take the babies with them. Teens don't realize how a baby effects their social life. When friends are out having a good time they are at home taking care of their responsibilities. It would definitely be a learning experience.

LOL, we had eggs in a basket to take care for a week then they went to flour and now do the dolls. We babysat our daughters and it started crying and I couldn't get it to shut up so I pushed the reset (bad bad gma).

Oh what memories
smile.png

Quote:
here its called Family and Consumer Science classes thats covers all the child learning classes, sewing classes, and foods classes.

The students here had to keep the baby with them for a friday-monday and they had a bracelet that was water proof but if it the parent got so far away from the baby the baby started balling adn wouldnt stop till the parent came back...so funny to watch the kids with them

Back
Top Bottom