Two Of My Teen Daughters (15,14) Bringing Home Babies Today: UPDATE!

Okay, another update:

Mom#1 (15) seems to be doing well and responding to her baby well

Mom#2 (14) had another color guard event today and had to leave care of the baby in the hands of her sister (13), who let the baby's head snap back which lit the abuse light. When Mom#2 got back, she had more than a few choice words for the babysitter. I told her that the baby was HER responsibility and that she should go easy on her sister. Of course about an hour later while fiddling with the TV remote with the baby in her arms, she dropped the baby about a foot or two to the floor....

She's pretty upset about it and doesn't want to talk about it. She blamed me because the remote needs new batteries....

kids.....

It's a good thing real kids don't have an abuse light... I accidentely let one of mine roll off the couch once, poor baby.

Quote:
They are still arguing about compensation....
gig.gif

This is really funny!!
lau.gif
I'm loving this thread.

I used to be a leader over our churches Young Womens group. I had girls ages 12-18 and each year some of them would go through this same thing. They did the flour sacks and the eggs. They figured out if they put the egg down their bra it was lots easier to take care of.
lau.gif
I think that's when the school stopped doing eggs and went to flour sacks
lau.gif
But it was fun to hear their tales as they brought their babies to church and activities.

I never had to go through that, but I was a very sought after babysitter so I had lots of reality to deal with. I'm now 45 and childless.
gig.gif
Ok, not by choice though
lau.gif

Update!!!

Mom #2's baby starts crying at 1:12am.... At 1:16am I wake her up as she is dead to the world.... She stumbles around for a few minutes trying to get her bearings and mumbling nonsense....

I tell her that her baby is crying.... she says "What baby?".....
lau.gif

I said "You better go pick your baby up and care for it".....

after another few minutes of fumbling around, she can't get the baby to stop crying....

"Dad, the baby won't stop crying"

I tell her to try everything again.... the baby finally settles...

I say "Welcome to parenthood! You better lay that baby down closer to your head or you're not going to wake up when it cries".....

she lays the baby in a new place closer to her and Mom and baby are back asleep.....

Back
Top Bottom